Updated May 18th 2012
GPeaSe provides you with an easy service to allow you to track devices of people you know who have given explicit consent/permission to allow you to see their location.
- We do not sell, share or otherwise disclose your data to anyone unless 1) you specifically ask us to share your location or 2) we receive a valid subpoena or court order.
- We do not mine your data for patterns.
- We do not use your data to target ads.
- We do not access your location data without your permission.
- Your location data is stored on our servers until you purge the data from your control panel. Data is stored only to provide you with access to historical data.
- We reserve the right to clear historical location data.
- We reserve the right to delete inactive user accounts.
We collect the bare minimum of information required for GPS tracking.
- Username and password - used to authenticate users. Passwords are irreversibly scrambled before being stored in our database. We do not store plain text passwords.
- Email - used for notifying our users of changes in service and for resetting forgotten passwords.
- GPS location data - sent by your phone when you run the tracking software. We transmit the following data: your GPS coordinates, speed, altitude, heading, current time, and your phone's device id. We do not transmit your phone number, contact lists, or any other data stored on your phone.
- HTTP requests - as most web services, we maintain logs of all incoming HTTP requests. Web logs contain IP addresses, requested URLs, referral URLs, and other similar attributes provided by your browser. The data is used mainly for analyzing trends. Old web logs are periodically purged.
Your data is stored on secure servers located in the Netherlands. We have taken further steps to prevent unauthorized access to your data, including running firewall software and keeping our servers up-to-date with security patches. That said, we cannot guarantee nondisclosure of personal information due to factors beyond our control. If you suspect that your account has been compromised, please contact us as soon as possible.
The GPeaSe service is intended for adults only. We will not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time. If we deem the change to be material, we will post a notice on our homepage and/or send an email to our users.